For a city steeped in sports history, finally Boston will get to witness world-class mixed martial arts in its own backyard. Aug-28-2010 10 pm ET/7 pm PT
After a back-and-forth instant classic at UFC® 112 in April, which saw Frankie Edgar shock the mixed martial arts world and take the UFC lightweight strap from around BJ Penn’s waist, the two will square off again on Saturday, August 28 at UFC 118: EDGAR VS. PENN 2, which is live from the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts and presented by TapouT®.
Also on this card, Randy Couture takes on boxing legend James Toney as Toney makes his mixed martial arts debut. Plus Rousimar Palhares takes on Nate Marquardt, and Gray Maynard and Kenny Florian battle for the next top lightweight contender spot.
FIGHT CARD (as of dated post)
Frankie Edgar Vs. BJ Penn
Randy Couture Vs. James Toney
Demian Maia Vs. Mario Miranda
Kenny Florian Vs. Gray Maynard
Nate Diaz Vs. Marcus Davis
Joe Lauzon Vs. Gabe Ruediger
Andre Winner Vs. Nik Lentz
Dan Miller Vs. John Salter
Nick Osipczak Vs. Greg Soto
Mike Pierce Vs. Amilcar Alves
- Frankie Edgar def. B.J. Penn via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45) to retain lightweight title
- Randy Couture def. James Toney via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 1, 3:19
- Demian Maia def. Mario Miranda via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Gray Maynard def. Kenny Florian via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Nate Diaz def. Marcus Davis via technical submission (guillotine) – Round 3, 4:02
- Joe Lauzon def. Gabe Ruediger via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 2:01
- Nik Lentz def. Andre Winner via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)
- Dan Miller def. John Salter via submission (anaconda choke) – Round 2, 1:53.
- Greg Soto def. Nick Osipczak via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Mike Pierce def. Amilcar Alves via submission (cross-body armbar) – Round 3, 3:11