Progressive Martial Arts Academy, located in Queens, New York, was established in 1995. Currently located in a brand new, state of the art 4,500 sq. ft. facility, PMA offers programs for all ages.
Our Adult Program is like none other, offering several programs including a comprehensive Jeet Kune Do program, the Filipino Martial Arts, and a Sport Fighting program which includes Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and Mixed Martial Arts. Our youth program is age specific and is targeted towards the developmental stage of each child.
Progressive Martial Arts was founded and established in 1995 by Sifu Nick Sacoulas. After years of training and teaching, Sifu Nick decided to open up his own school in order to further his own development and create a teaching environment for his students. Inspired by his own teachers, Sifu Nick had a vision of a school that would best perpetuate the arts that were passed down to him. Since Progressive Martial Art’s establishment, the school has become one of the premiere martial arts schools on the East Coast, teaching thousands of students of all ages.
Just recently, the school has moved to a larger and more state of the art facility that best represents the image and professionalism the school has to offer. Progressive Martial Arts is also an award winning martial arts school, garnering national and international recognition. The school and curriculum continue to evolve and grow and the staff and students take great pride in its constant development.
Our curriculum includes:
- Bruce Lee’s Jun Fan Gung Fu / Jeet Kune Do – Jun Fan Gung Fu is Bruce Lee’s base system and is used as a vehicle to discover Jeet Kune Do.
- Muay Thai Kickboxing – Thai Boxing specializes in powerful kicks, strikes with the knees, elbows and clinch fighting. It also develops mental and physical conditioning.
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu – A thorough ground fighting Grappling System. PMAA is the only Academy in Queens, New York to staff a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt.
- Filipino Martial Arts – A training program implementing ballistic and edged weapons as well as one of the most complete empty-hand systems in martial arts (Inosanto Kali, Sayoc Kali, and Dog Brothers Martial Arts).
Other exclusive highlights of PMA:
- One of the very few Full Instructors under Sifu Dan Inosanto in Jeet Kune Do/Filipino Martial Arts on the East Coast
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Program taught by Black Belt Instructor
- Experienced fighters teaching in the Sportfighting Program
- Student Teacher Ratio 8:1
- Age-Specific Youth Program that focuses on Character Development
- State of the Art Facility
- Award Winning, Internationally recognized Martial Arts School
Whatever your goals may be through training martial arts, PMA can help you achieve them. Whether it be a no-nonsense approach to learning practical self-defense, getting in shape, training yourself for competition, or for the development of attributes (such as strength, stamina, conditioning, balance, flexibility, and self discipline), men, women, and children can all benefit from the various programs offered here at Progressive Martial Arts.
Check out the exclusive gym tour of this gym.